Thursday, May 14, 2009

good things come to those who work at it

last night my training finally got to me! At around mile 12 on the bike I felt drained, beyond tired much more like worn out. Saturday I am doing a brick with a new training partner and although I have no fear of competition, I really don't want to let myself down. So, at mile 12 I sipped my sugary mixture from the bike bottle and sucked it up and finished the last 5 miles not strong but with ...hmm lets say gusto! It really goes beyond the feeling of pride but more like a true sense of accomplishment and with a little rest now I will be ready fopr Saturday. This is often the case with everything we set ourselves to do, sometimes tasks wear us out and it is at this point that we have a choice, give up or keep going.

good things come to those that work at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment